4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 05-09-2016, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
LED Light Bar Install

Hey so I already posted it to the Facebook group, just wanted to make sure to post it on here as well. I made an install video for the installation in the lower grille for an LED Light bar. Hope this helps anyone who was thinking about doing this as an alternative to the fog lights.

LINKS BELOW

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZUMGZjVg1Y

LIGHT BAR:

WIRING HARNESS:

S-Factor, davect01 and ovmech like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
They hate us cause they ain't us
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 05-09-2016, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Thanks for the wiring guide. Is a 24" light bar the largest you can fit in there or is there a bit of space for one that's an inch or two longer?
post #3 of 27 Old 05-09-2016, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
possibly larger

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Factor View Post
Thanks for the wiring guide. Is a 24" light bar the largest you can fit in there or is there a bit of space for one that's an inch or two longer?
You could prolly get another inch or 2 longer , but it would be kinda hard to mount....honestly I think the ideal size is the 24in one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 27 Old 05-10-2016, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
That provides quite a substantial amount of usable light, that's really nice ! Do you plan on adding anymore lighting to the front end ?
post #5 of 27 Old 05-10-2016, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Garage
hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiScion View Post
That provides quite a substantial amount of usable light, that's really nice ! Do you plan on adding anymore lighting to the front end ?
I was thinking of adding some light to the corners and attach them to the turn signals so that a portion of the grille flashes in the corner when the turn signal is on. But that would just be for fun. The light bar is so bright that I can turn off my headlights and just use the bar lol its great. I think it would be kinda cool to have a light bar facing the rear so if someone is trailing me I can flash them to back off haha but that might be illegal hahah

post #6 of 27 Old 05-11-2016, 02:31 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Light bars are douchefuckery 99% of the time. I'm glad you shitters get ticketed for this crap.
post #7 of 27 Old 05-11-2016, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprime View Post
Light bars are douchefuckery 99% of the time. I'm glad you shitters get ticketed for this crap.
what?

post #8 of 27 Old 05-11-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprime View Post
Someone seems a bit upset ... Bad experiences perhaps ?
Jeff Walston likes this.
post #9 of 27 Old 05-11-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Walston View Post
I was thinking of adding some light to the corners and attach them to the turn signals so that a portion of the grille flashes in the corner when the turn signal is on. But that would just be for fun. The light bar is so bright that I can turn off my headlights and just use the bar lol its great. I think it would be kinda cool to have a light bar facing the rear so if someone is trailing me I can flash them to back off haha but that might be illegal hahah
The signal integration into the grill would be pretty cool actually. But I can totally see the rear light bar being illegal LOL ! It does seem, from the pictures at least, that you're headlights can be of no use at this point and you can just use the light bar which is great
post #10 of 27 Old 05-11-2016, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiScion View Post
Someone seems a bit upset ... Bad experiences perhaps ?
I guess so? I use them as if they are fog lights. Only needed when fog lights would be needed. I don't just drive around with them for shits and giggles lol I just did not want to spend the $200+ on the fog lights when I could have a whole light bar for $45.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List