Scion iM Forum banner

fog lights

24K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  davect01 
#1 ·
Are there any fog light kits out there yet for the IM. If there is, can we use the ones for jdm or euro specs??

#4 ·
I don't think the fog light spots unclip like they do on certain cars, so this might mean having to buy the entire front end.

Also notice the headlamp washers. You could potentially add those, I guess.

I dunno, seems it may more sense to get the LED headlamps than to replace the front end to add fog lights but it's not my money.

#5 ·
on the backside of the bumper, the grill inserts , were the fog lights would go, are attached with screws. once you remove the screws the grill will come out. i pulled back to verify if it could be removed and noticed it could and also a pre index cut out as to were a fog light could be used with the existing grill.

#7 ·
That's great to know and it's why I said "I don't think" :p I didn't verify to see if they were. I guess a good hint would've been to see if foglights are an accessory overseas.

Dunno why, for some reason I expect them to be more blatant like on the old Nissans or Dodges... Or our interior dead switches.

Thanks!

#15 ·
the harness your looking for will be big bucks, also the switch from the japan model, will be wrong for your left hand drive car. i did wire my lamps with a relay hidden in the relay box on the firewall, and used a none used fuse in the fuse box. had to add terminals and fuse to the system, i used a stalk from another toyota vehicle for my setup. would i do it again?? don't know i do know how to wire it up, might do things different now. a lot of work, but i like my results.

#26 ·
I bought the 2016 - 17 foglight kit of of ebay for $65 and I absolutely love the way it all came out! Just ordered some new led bulbs to replace the stock ones that the kit came with (in the picture). I spent about 2 hours doing the install (because i'm so meticulous about tucking the wires and making it look as stock as possible) Love the way it came out, if you have any questions about the install just look at the DIY post on this forum for wiring. Besides that its all very simple. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.