My blue im - Page 2 - Scion iM Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 06-09-2016, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I'm confused (Not a hard thing to do) You have a Scion iM, you are proud of your iM but you go out of your way to make it a Toyota Auris. Do you see where I'm coming from? Also when cops stop a car they usually call in the plate of the car and the description of the vehicle (In your case Toyota Auris) Imagine what it will look like when the tag comes back for a Scion iM. Can you say Stolen Car, of course that's before they run the VIN on the car and compare it to the registration. I'm not trying to rain on you parade, just food for thought.

CAD-Man

Last edited by CAD-Man; 06-09-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 06-09-2016, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD-Man View Post
I'm confused (Not a hard thing to do) You have a Scion iM, you are proud of your iM but you go out of your way to make it a Toyota Auris. Do you see where I'm coming from? Also when cops stop a car they usually call in the plate of the car and the description of the vehicle (In your case Toyota Auris) Imagine what it will look like when the tag comes back for a Scion iM. Can you say Stolen Car, of course that's before they run the VIN on the car and compare it to the registration. I'm not trying to rain on you parade, just food for thought.

CAD-Man
I dont think there is going to be issues at all... I had a hyundai tiburon and rebadged it as Tuscani (korea version)... Got pulled over for non working brake lights... No issues... G35's rebadged their cars skyline, no issues either.... Some cars take off all emblems, no issues either....

For some, its more of an art.
post #13 of 16 Old 06-10-2016, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Over here it is very popular for people to just debadge cars and trucks. Not a big deal. I'm all for being different and standing out. I can safely say I'm the only one on this island with a rebadged iM, only one with racks and foglights and light bar.

post #14 of 16 Old 06-10-2016, 01:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee250 View Post
Over here it is very popular for people to just debadge cars and trucks. Not a big deal. I'm all for being different and standing out. I can safely say I'm the only one on this island with a rebadged iM, only one with racks and foglights and light bar.
I like it.... I just thought about this.... You are actually putting the car to what it should be by rebadging it. After all, the iM is a toyota auris. Good job on the car!
post #15 of 16 Old 06-10-2016, 10:33 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAD-Man View Post

CAD-Man

It's an extremely common thing. Acura guys using Honda badges. Lexus SC400 owners using Soarer badges and emblems. I have never heard of a cop giving any trouble at all, or anything near close to assuming it was a stolen vehicle.
post #16 of 16 Old 06-10-2016, 06:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
I'm not wanting to fuel the fire just giving my opinion on the emblem thing. Imho if say the badges/decals are related to the vehicle/Manufacturers most likely it wouldn't be a problem like say like previous post said honda/Acura Lexus/Toyota/Scion Hyundai & the Korea version Subaru etc..
It's true that once license plates are run your vehicle type/manufacturer would show.. But say if you put like mitsubishi emblems on a Subaru and the cops run it & put two & two together (Assuming they know their car stuff) Then yh imho that'd be a problem lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page