5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 Old 09-29-2015, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMS View Post
This is the color I would have gone with. We got one in on my day off at the dealership and it was dealer traded for a blue one so I never got to see it in person. Something about the red with black accents makes it pop to me. Good choice, are you getting the auto or manual.

Had to get the Automatic. The wife doesn't know how to drive a manual. And I really don't want to have to teach her on a brand new car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 10-01-2015, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
I can see first time manual drivers getting frustrated in traffic jams so the Automatic may have been the better choice. Congratulation and it looks amazing!
post #13 of 22 Old 10-01-2015, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Especially frustrated with the engagement point of the clutch in this car. There is a lot of travel in the pedal, and an unusually high engage point. Whoever calibrated it must have been like 5'5". As a 6'7'' long legged creature it took me about a week to not want to chirp the tires lol.

Active car enthusiast since 1996... This is my second brand new Scion (previously owned a 2005 XB). Loving my 2016 Scion iM Electric Storm Blue 6 speed!

post #14 of 22 Old 10-02-2015, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Lol. Did you have to move your seat all the way back reduce the chirping?
post #15 of 22 Old 10-02-2015, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prescott View Post
Especially frustrated with the engagement point of the clutch in this car. There is a lot of travel in the pedal, and an unusually high engage point. Whoever calibrated it must have been like 5'5". As a 6'7'' long legged creature it took me about a week to not want to chirp the tires lol.

Someone here mention you can adjust the play in the clutch pedal, but I have never heard of anyone actually doing it.
post #16 of 22 Old 10-02-2015, 03:31 PM
SiM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicepeak View Post
Someone here mention you can adjust the play in the clutch pedal, but I have never heard of anyone actually doing it.
I think there's a chance that might be something mentioned in the owners manual. If not then it could be something we'll find in the service manual for the Corolla...due to possible similarities.

post #17 of 22 Old 12-15-2017, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I checked out the iM in-person today while waiting on regular service maintenance on my 2015 Toyota Yaris SE. The dealership had over a dozen iM's on the lot (mostly silver & white), and the one Barcelona (Dark) Red Metallic they had onsite really put the other colors to shame. Pictures do NOT do this color justice at all. It is absolutely gorgeous in-person, and really pops with all that black trim work. Plus, the iM taillights blend perfectly with it. I can't believe this is the least-popular & rarest color for the iM. I'm not usually a 'red car guy', but this is easily my top choice if I decide to pick up a 2018 iM in the latter half of 2018. 2nd choice would be Blizzard Pearl White, since no Dark Gray or Falcon Gray Metallic color is available on the iM.

2015 Toyota Yaris SE, Manual 5-spd, Super-White (w/TRD Rear-Sway-Bar, Super-White Shark-Fin Antenna, SunTek-CXP/35 Window Tint, SS Exhaust Tip, etc.).
post #18 of 22 Old 12-15-2017, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAITHSKAR View Post
I checked out the iM in-person today while waiting on regular service maintenance on my 2015 Toyota Yaris SE. The dealership had over a dozen iM's on the lot (mostly silver & white), and the one Barcelona (Dark) Red Metallic they had onsite really put the other colors to shame. Pictures do NOT do this color justice at all. It is absolutely gorgeous in-person, and really pops with all that black trim work. Plus, the iM taillights blend perfectly with it. I can't believe this is the least-popular & rarest color for the iM. I'm not usually a 'red car guy', but this is easily my top choice if I decide to pick up a 2018 iM in the latter half of 2018. 2nd choice would be Blizzard Pearl White, since no Dark Gray or Falcon Gray Metallic color is available on the iM.
It is a pretty great color
post #19 of 22 Old 12-15-2017, 10:26 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAITHSKAR View Post
I think Toyota did a great job with the iM, all colors look good and many of them really "pop", blue, red and light green do for sure. I have a white one and I love how it looks.

Current:
2018 Buick Regal Sportback FWD

Past:
2016 Scion iM 6MT
2016 Honda Accord EX 6MT
2014 Acura RDX Tech AWD
2014 Acura TSX Tech
2007 Honda Accord SE
2004 Honda Element EX
post #20 of 22 Old 11-12-2018, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Heres my 2016 Red IM 6spd. My first red car honestly was one of the only manual ones I could find. Hoping to start playing with it to make it more mine soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0458 (1).JPG
Views:	111
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	14522  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page