LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 Old 09-22-2015, 10:45 AM
PYB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prescott View Post
Professionally detailed and Chemical Guy's Jetsealed paint ..

haha ! love the license plate :P
Nick Prescott likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 Old 09-22-2015, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Thank you.... I am a U.S. Navy veteran. Launched a few TLAMS on those f**kers, wish I was still active duty to throw a few more their way.

Active car enthusiast since 1996... This is my second brand new Scion (previously owned a 2005 XB). Loving my 2016 Scion iM Electric Storm Blue 6 speed!
post #13 of 26 Old 09-22-2015, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you.... I am a U.S. Navy veteran. Launched a few TLAMS on those f**kers, wish I was still active duty to throw a few more their way.
The license plate is really funny, and very true too. ISIS is really one of the worst things that have popped up in a very, very long time. Seeing the plate on the iM is just hilarious though. I didn't really think that the Navy was involved in the ISIS campaign. Does their "territory" border the ocean?

Glad you're home and glad you believe in the mission (unlike some of the Iraq or Afghanistan veterans, not all, but some).

You can get special plates as a veteran, right? Did that make it easier to get a custom one?

post #14 of 26 Old 09-22-2015, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Indeed an awesome plate, i'm sure you get a lot of thumbs up for it and even something that's a conversation starter at times.
post #15 of 26 Old 09-22-2015, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
my car should be arriving in a few days but im planning on 45% or whatever is closest therebouts. no pictures for a while but in the mean time i will have to find a better place to go to than ziebart. they did a crummy job on my civic.
PYB likes this.
post #16 of 26 Old 09-23-2015, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briggs View Post
... I didn't really think that the Navy was involved in the ISIS campaign. Does their "territory" border the ocean? ...

You can get special plates as a veteran, right? Did that make it easier to get a custom one?
The U.S. Navy is in EVERY campaign. I was a destroyer sailor... you'd be surprised how far Tomahawk missiles go...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtHZTeiK6JM

I could have gotten special veteran's or even disabled veteran's plates but chose the Red White & Blue ... the VA veteran's plates are pretty dull.

Active car enthusiast since 1996... This is my second brand new Scion (previously owned a 2005 XB). Loving my 2016 Scion iM Electric Storm Blue 6 speed!
post #17 of 26 Old 09-23-2015, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
The U.S. Navy is in EVERY campaign. I was a destroyer sailor... you'd be surprised how far Tomahawk missiles go...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtHZTeiK6JM

I could have gotten special veteran's or even disabled veteran's plates but chose the Red White & Blue ... the VA veteran's plates are pretty dull.
Going through the comments section on the video I didn't realize they expire as one person brought that up:

Quote:
Those weapons were going to get expired if you don't use them bc they are stored in cold room/temperature controlled room ideally. So this is good for the military industry and the whole economy. War is always good for the economy except for prolonged war.
post #18 of 26 Old 09-24-2015, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick.S View Post
Going through the comments section on the video I didn't realize they expire as one person brought that up:

This has gotten way off topic, but don't believe everything you read in a Youtube video comment .... geesh "The internet"

With Fate of Tomahawk Missiles Unclear, Industry Warns of Future Costs for Restarting - WSJ
SiM likes this.

post #19 of 26 Old 09-24-2015, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I've been thinking about getting the windows tinted on my iM. Not so much for the look, but I noticed that seats get really warm on a hot sunny day. Would tint on the windows help with that or would it be a waste of time?
post #20 of 26 Old 09-24-2015, 01:51 PM
PYB

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmerlinj View Post
I've been thinking about getting the windows tinted on my iM. Not so much for the look, but I noticed that seats get really warm on a hot sunny day. Would tint on the windows help with that or would it be a waste of time?
This website says it does help.

Tint Questions: Does Window Tint Reduce Heat?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page