2016 Toyota Corolla Hybrid Review - Page 2 - Scion iM Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 02-15-2018, 03:01 PM
Senior Member
 
davect01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 1,219
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusAG99 View Post
lol, funny how u guys call 26K pricey, in Norway the Auris (EU name of the corolla iM) got a base price of 32K... full package version is like 40K, nothing in ur countries is pricey compared to Norway. lol.
Wow, that's quite a price jump. I love my iM, but for $32,000 nope. But you also have things like different powertrains and sunroofs.

I got my 2016 for just over $18,000 and in this price range, there was nothing that really compares.
davect01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 Old 02-16-2018, 01:03 AM
Senior Member
 
have2ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davect01 View Post
Wow, that's quite a price jump. I love my iM, but for $32,000 nope. But you also have things like different powertrains and sunroofs.

I got my 2016 for just over $18,000 and in this price range, there was nothing that really compares.
For 2016 yes. But now there is a new Civic which is better in many ways. However, after driving a new Civic I still like my iM, since Civic seats are way too low to the ground.

Current:
2018 Buick Regal Sportback FWD

Past:
2016 Scion iM 6MT
2016 Honda Accord EX 6MT
2014 Acura RDX Tech AWD
2014 Acura TSX Tech
2007 Honda Accord SE
2004 Honda Element EX
have2ride is offline  
post #13 of 17 Old 02-18-2018, 10:49 AM
Member
 
RAITHSKAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I read an article not too long ago that indicated Toyota was planning to offer some sort of hybrid/electric options for a all its US models by 2025. They are also planning to scale back their model/trim offerings in general over the next few years. I hope that if the iM/Auris (or Yaris) survive the cuts & that we will get a hybrid option sooner rather than later. I would LOVE to buy/own a small hybrid, but I am still waiting for a subcompact/compact one that I like and trust to be release in the U.S. The Prius lineup is comprised of eyesore abominations, and has always stifled the impetus of Toyota to offer hybrids of normal smaller models like the Yaris, Corolla, Auris/iM, etc.

2015 Toyota Yaris SE, Manual 5-spd, Super-White (w/TRD Rear-Sway-Bar, Super-White Shark-Fin Antenna, SunTek-CXP/35 Window Tint, SS Exhaust Tip, etc.).

Last edited by RAITHSKAR; 02-18-2018 at 10:51 AM.
RAITHSKAR is offline  
 
post #14 of 17 Old 02-18-2018, 01:01 PM
Senior Member
 
davect01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 1,219
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAITHSKAR View Post
I read an article not too long ago that indicated Toyota was planning to offer some sort of hybrid/electric options for a all its US models by 2025. They are also planning to scale back their model/trim offerings in general over the next few years. I hope that if the iM/Auris (or Yaris) survive the cuts & that we will get a hybrid option sooner rather than later. I would LOVE to buy/own a small hybrid, but I am still waiting for a subcompact/compact one that I like and trust to be release in the U.S. The Prius lineup is comprised of eyesore abominations, and has always stifled the impetus of Toyota to offer hybrids of normal smaller models like the Yaris, Corolla, Auris/iM, etc. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.scionimforum.com/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif[/IMG]
I shopped the Prius C. Nice size and gas mileage but that interior was just ick
davect01 is offline  
post #15 of 17 Old 02-19-2018, 06:04 PM
Member
 
RAITHSKAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 58
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I wanted to like the Prius C, but the rear design and taillights are just unforgivable.



I wish that the Yaris or Auris hybrid was sold here in the US instead.


2015 Toyota Yaris SE, Manual 5-spd, Super-White (w/TRD Rear-Sway-Bar, Super-White Shark-Fin Antenna, SunTek-CXP/35 Window Tint, SS Exhaust Tip, etc.).

Last edited by RAITHSKAR; 02-19-2018 at 06:09 PM.
RAITHSKAR is offline  
post #16 of 17 Old 02-19-2018, 06:27 PM
Senior Member
 
davect01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 1,219
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAITHSKAR View Post
I wanted to like the Prius C, but the rear design and taillights are just unforgivable.





I wish that the Yaris or Auris hybrid was sold here in the US instead.

Agreed, I wanted to like it but after one test drive I could not wait to get out
davect01 is offline  
post #17 of 17 Old 04-15-2018, 07:24 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
According to me. look is good
sheenuverma is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome