Another Scion? - Page 3 - Scion iM Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 Old 12-07-2015, 03:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Factor View Post
Would anyone be on the market for a sporty looking car without all bells and whistles? The S-FR seems to be lacking the luxurious interior that you expect from cars styled like this.
Many people don't care so much about the fancy stuff, they just want it to go fast. Looks good on the outside and the inside has what you need but keeps cost down by not adding a whole bunch of features and materials that don't really add anything to performance.



Gotcha is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 25 Old 12-07-2015, 04:42 PM
SiM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 661
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Factor View Post
Would anyone be on the market for a sporty looking car without all bells and whistles? The S-FR seems to be lacking the luxurious interior that you expect from cars styled like this.
At the right price a lot of people would, even those that didn't originally want a sporty car but just a cheap compact to get around. So this is a big win for Toyota, not only do they get enthusiasts, they get a wider audience.



SiM is offline  
post #23 of 25 Old 12-07-2015, 06:11 PM
DBB
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 159
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha View Post
Many people don't care so much about the fancy stuff, they just want it to go fast. Looks good on the outside and the inside has what you need but keeps cost down by not adding a whole bunch of features and materials that don't really add anything to performance.
What? The FRS has no bells and whistles, the Miata has no bells and whistles. The Camaro has no bells and whistles... People buy cars with bells and whistles because the car itself is boring...
DBB is offline  
 
post #24 of 25 Old 12-08-2015, 01:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBB View Post
What? The FRS has no bells and whistles, the Miata has no bells and whistles. The Camaro has no bells and whistles... People buy cars with bells and whistles because the car itself is boring...
That's what I said. Many cars don't have all that extra stuff. Other luxury performance cars do. They are aimed at different people.



Gotcha is offline  
post #25 of 25 Old 12-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
That's along the lines of what's happening to mainstream affordable EV's, seems like they're using design and technology to make up for the boring driving dynamics.
Patrick.S is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome