3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 75 Old 09-23-2015, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicepeak View Post
This confirms my expectations about the new Scion Crossover. Limited cargo and rear seat space. Glad I took advantage of the awesome prices now on the 2015 RAV4 instead of waiting until the Geneva Show in March when the 2015's would be gone..

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...crossover-fray

" The tidy proportions and aggressive profile echo those of Nissan's Juke, which has been a hit in Europe. The shape is aimed at buyers who don't carry lots of luggage or people, Hiro Koba, chief engineer for the C-HR project, told Automotive News in a roundtable here.
"They don't have a lot of stuff, so that's why I focused on the styling, while a little bit sacrificing interior space, rear seat and luggage space," Koba said. "
Who are these people that don't really prioritize carrying people or luggage? It just seems that those things would be somewhat important. Even if I don't value them that much, I would rather have those things than more styling. Styling doesn't provide any utility.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 75 Old 09-23-2015, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha View Post
Who are these people that don't really prioritize carrying people or luggage? It just seems that those things would be somewhat important. Even if I don't value them that much, I would rather have those things than more styling. Styling doesn't provide any utility.
Exactly. A good designer would accept the challenge of making a car with both style AND utility. This isn't a sports car we are talking about where style is one of the more important considerations.
post #63 of 75 Old 09-23-2015, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Another thing is to consider the progression of things and them wanting to do what's enough for the time being, as long as they offer enough, it can be all they need to see the sales volume they want. So chances are they could be holding things back.

post #64 of 75 Old 09-23-2015, 07:48 PM
DBB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicepeak View Post
Exactly. A good designer would accept the challenge of making a car with both style AND utility. This isn't a sports car we are talking about where style is one of the more important considerations.
although one might argue that in the small CUV segment, where everyone and their mum MUST have one... styling is VERY much an important factor... I know Scion needs volume, but I relaly can't believe they're not going to sell these as Toyota's they'll go hammer and tong with the HR-V if it only has a Toyota badge...
post #65 of 75 Old 10-01-2015, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

A German video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=V_0jgNAcJgI

A video of the CH-R....Scion Crossover.
post #66 of 75 Old 10-01-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBB View Post
although one might argue that in the small CUV segment, where everyone and their mum MUST have one... styling is VERY much an important factor... I know Scion needs volume, but I relaly can't believe they're not going to sell these as Toyota's they'll go hammer and tong with the HR-V if it only has a Toyota badge...
I think that there is a danger of having a bunch of CUVs coming out that all look very much the same. That isn't what I want to see.

post #67 of 75 Old 10-01-2015, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I think that there is a danger of having a bunch of CUVs coming out that all look very much the same. That isn't what I want to see.

I don't think they look all the same. For example the HR-V, Renegade and Juke are all very different than each other. I do agree that some of the midsize do share a more common look. The small CUVs do not and seem to have gone in all different directions . I am disappointed that the Scion Crossover has gone toward the Juke look.
post #68 of 75 Old 10-06-2015, 12:01 PM

So we have a teaser of the Scion crossover here. Umm... it doesn't really tell us anything at all. It really isn't good as far as teasers go.

Quote:
The attached teaser image appears to show the center of the trunk lid and its shape does seem to resemble the Toyota C-HR concept. If that's the case, expect Scion's first ever crossover to ride on the newly developed TNGA platform that has also underpinned the new Prius.

post #69 of 75 Old 10-07-2015, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

So we have a teaser of the Scion crossover here. Umm... it doesn't really tell us anything at all. It really isn't good as far as teasers go.
Good catch, but you are right it doesn't tell us much. I would be more interested in a side view teaser showing the slope of the roofline.
Do you have a link to this article? Oh.....found a link.

http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_sh...ws-2017-model/

Last edited by bicepeak; 10-07-2015 at 10:10 AM.
post #70 of 75 Old 10-07-2015, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Not much of a story, but here is a blurb officially from Scion: World Debut of Scion Concept Car at L.A. Auto Show

Man, that rear window looks squat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page