14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 Old 08-31-2015, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Garage
Toyota Auris lowering spring options

I have a couple emails out to H&R and Eibach looking for compatible lowering springs potentially from the Auris. Has anyone found a definitive model number of an aftermarket lowering spring? I know TRD is going to have some, but I intend to hit some local car shows before this season ends and want them NOW not later.

Active car enthusiast since 1996... This is my second brand new Scion (previously owned a 2005 XB). Loving my 2016 Scion iM Electric Storm Blue 6 speed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 09-01-2015, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
You seem to want to put a lot of work into your iM. How much are you expecting to spend? It just seems like the car is affordable, but once you add all this extra stuff, maybe it would have been a better choice to just buy a more expensive car in the first place.
post #3 of 31 Old 09-07-2015, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's about personalization. That's what Scion intended.

Gotcha, are you sure you've been posting to the right forum?

post #4 of 31 Old 09-09-2015, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just got the car today... me and a buddy are installing the lowering springs Friday.

Gotcha... Not sure what you mean. An intake, lowering springs and exhaust are pretty much standard modifications I've done on every car I've ever owned within a month of buying it.

My last car was a 380wheel horse power Subaru WRX STi that started out at 220 wheel horse power from the factory... I don't ever expect to go bananas like that with this car (but if a supercharger does come out I'd be interested). I like to modify every car I buy to my tastes. I'd rather have a slower iM than a quicker Mazda 3 or Focus... those are ugly, and I can make this just as quick.

P.S. I got the H&R 2013 + Toyota Auris springs... should be about a 1.3" drop front and back. The compatible model number is... H&R 29084-5
ovmech likes this.

Active car enthusiast since 1996... This is my second brand new Scion (previously owned a 2005 XB). Loving my 2016 Scion iM Electric Storm Blue 6 speed!
post #5 of 31 Old 09-11-2015, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
On the lift now getting the springs installed...

post #6 of 31 Old 09-11-2015, 02:39 PM
SiM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prescott View Post
On the lift now getting the springs installed...

That shop looks like some serious enthusiast shop with the cars that it has in, haven't seen a Mitsubishi 3000GT in a while!
post #7 of 31 Old 09-11-2015, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiM View Post
That shop looks like some serious enthusiast shop with the cars that it has in, haven't seen a Mitsubishi 3000GT in a while!
DIA Automotive in Virginia Beach, VA. They tuned my last Subaru, and literally work on ANYTHING. Their shop car build is a 800whp+ RX7 and they are building my buddies Subaru hatch on the center lift to 400+whp and my other buddies black GD STi on the lift next to it to 600+whp.

Annnnnyway, springs are installed. I've only put 15 miles on them, but the ride is smooth on a straight line (progressive rate springs), and they may or may not settle another 1/8th to 1/4 inch, but the European Toyota Auris springs by H&R are a 100% fit:

post #8 of 31 Old 09-14-2015, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Looks great!! Congrats on taking the initiative and being one of the first to do a suspension mod.
post #9 of 31 Old 09-28-2015, 02:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Nick, can you put a link on where to buy these springs? I want to order a set. This is what I found, is this correct?

H R lowering Springs 29084 5 Toyota Auris Hybrid Facelift 35mm | eBay

Thank you
Nick Prescott likes this.
post #10 of 31 Old 09-28-2015, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Those are the ones, that's the same seller I ordered mine from too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page