2017 Honda Civic Hatchback vs 2017 Toyota Corolla iM - Scion iM Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 12-03-2016, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback vs 2017 Toyota Corolla iM

Did anyone test drive new Honda Civic hatch with 6MT? My local dealers just got a few of them. I really want to go test drive it, but I am scared I will like it too much and then I will hate it when I try to modify stock stereo system (since decent audio system is only offered on a Touring trim, but Touring trim is not even an option for a hatchback).

2018 Honda Civic Type R hatch will be out around summer time 2017. I will definitely test drive it, but pricing will be around $35k+. That money can buy Lexus NX or Acura RDX (new body will be out for 2018). Type R will be a beast though. Expected 340hp out of 2.0 liter turbo engine with 6MT.

The New Civic Type R | Honda
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01-honda-civic-type-r-concept-paris-2016-1.jpg
Views:	1551
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	9521  

Current:
2016 Scion iM 6MT

Past:
2016 Honda Accord EX 6MT
2014 Acura RDX Tech AWD
2014 Acura TSX Tech
2007 Honda Accord SE
2004 Honda Element EX

Last edited by have2ride; 12-03-2016 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Edited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-03-2016, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Garage
Really ugly looking, I HATE that overbite thing they having going on at Honda, but at least this one is black.

Probably is gonna be a popular ride to mod.
post #3 of 13 Old 12-03-2016, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
I am so interested in the new generation civic.... even the EX-turbo models.
Lately, I've been so sick of the slowness of our iM's... Perhaps I'm having some buyers remorse? LOL

post #4 of 13 Old 12-03-2016, 11:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdpk View Post
Lately, I've been so sick of the slowness of our iM's... Perhaps I'm having some buyers remorse? LOL
Not enough time test driving?

I knew it was not going to be an overly fast car, but for a get around town car it does pretty good.

You might be interested in this thread: SCion iM ECU Tuning Development
post #5 of 13 Old 12-04-2016, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
I have seen the civic hatchback on the auto show. In my opinion, our iM is more of a hatchback than the civic hatchbacks. Our cars are has more room for passengers. The only difference is that 1.5 turbo engine. If toyota releases the 1.4 turbo version (AURIS RS) of our iM here in the US, those would sell like pancakes.
post #6 of 13 Old 12-04-2016, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdpk View Post
I think iM just absolutely has to be purchased ONLY with a manual transmission! If you buy iM with a CVT you are just buying point A to point B car, it's terrible, even with that Sport mode. It took some time adjusting to iM's weak engine, but now it actually drives fine since I get to rev the engine and manual makes it so much better. Yes, it does take time to accelerate and I need to downshift way more often compared to 2016 Accord 6MT that I traded in.

When 2018 Civic Type R comes out, I will be test driving it on the first day. I am not buying it unless they finally put a better audio system inside or Metra makes a 2-Din upgrade kit. I would be totally happy with Civic SI, but I want a hatchback.

Another option would be 2018 Accord 6MT, again if they fix that terrible audio system.

Current:
2016 Scion iM 6MT

Past:
2016 Honda Accord EX 6MT
2014 Acura RDX Tech AWD
2014 Acura TSX Tech
2007 Honda Accord SE
2004 Honda Element EX

Last edited by have2ride; 12-04-2016 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Edited
post #7 of 13 Old 12-04-2016, 06:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B91SUPRA View Post
I have seen the civic hatchback on the auto show. In my opinion, our iM is more of a hatchback than the civic hatchbacks. Our cars are has more room for passengers. The only difference is that 1.5 turbo engine. If toyota releases the 1.4 turbo version (AURIS RS) of our iM here in the US, those would sell like pancakes.
The 2.0L 200HP from the FR-S would be awesome
post #8 of 13 Old 12-04-2016, 06:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by have2ride View Post
I think iM just absolutely has to be purchased ONLY with a manual transmission! If you buy iM with a CVT you are just buying point A to point B car, it's terrible, even with that Sport mode. It took some time adjusting to iM's weak engine, but now it actually drives fine since I get to rev the engine and manual makes it so much better. Yes, it does take time to accelerate and I need to downshift way more often compared to 2016 Accord 6MT that I traded in.

When 2018 Civic Type R comes out, I will be test driving it on the first day. I am not buying it unless they finally put a better audio system inside or Metra makes a 2-Din upgrade kit. I would be totally happy with Civic SI, but I want a hatchback.

Another option would be 2018 Accord 6MT, again if they fix that terrible audio system.
It's just fine as a commuter car, I never expected more.
post #9 of 13 Old 12-05-2016, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B91SUPRA View Post
^This! Who is making decisions on what cars to sell in the US? I don't understand those people. Since Honda does so well with Civic SI, Toyota also did well with Matrix S or whatever it was called. Many other manufacturers have powerful options for their cars, like there is a Nissan Sentra SR turbo or Ford Focus RS/ST.

Current:
2016 Scion iM 6MT

Past:
2016 Honda Accord EX 6MT
2014 Acura RDX Tech AWD
2014 Acura TSX Tech
2007 Honda Accord SE
2004 Honda Element EX
post #10 of 13 Old 12-14-2016, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by have2ride View Post
^This! Who is making decisions on what cars to sell in the US? I don't understand those people. Since Honda does so well with Civic SI, Toyota also did well with Matrix S or whatever it was called. Many other manufacturers have powerful options for their cars, like there is a Nissan Sentra SR turbo or Ford Focus RS/ST.
Those decisions are market and data driven. Also for engines, it may be depending on emissions data.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page