Scion iM Forum banner

Roof racks

45K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  florvono 
#1 ·
Does anybody make roof racks yet? Not those universal kind but ones that actually fit right.

#15 ·
They were announced when the car was unveiled. I guess the official ones will come later.

Honestly, just go on Thule's UK or Auz site and check what parts you need for the 5 door Auris. These parts will be available in North America. Installation will be the same. Don't understand why no one's mentioned this yet. It's what I intend to do, personally.

#21 ·
If they're anything like the Yakimas I have on my xB, you can put them anywhere within the door frame. So yes, you could slide the rear one back a little more. Just might need them at a certain spot to attach the snowboard/bike/cargo basket carriers.

BTW - looks good, love the Barcelona Red!!

#23 ·
With spring coming up and biking season starting, I bit the bullet and ordered the Thule aeroblade kit from a UK supplier made for the 5 door Auris along with two bike racks. Total was 380 pounds with shipping. I'll let you all know if there are any compatibility problems here.

Couldn't wait for Thule to get off its ass. It's taking them way too long to find equivalent parts (they use different skus in NA for whatever reason) in their repertoire. Should have it late next week or after. Dunno if I'll have it installed by then.

This is my first roof rack. Hoping it's a worthwhile purchase.

#27 ·
Took an hour and a half to get the rack set up and the bike racks ready for mounting.

Yeah, if you're getting turned off by the import price, just know that I had two bike mounts on that order. It's pretty cheap otherwise. I've been asking myself why I even imported those since they're available locally anyway but I guess I wasn't thinking when I was ordering.

#28 ·
Confirmed something for you guys: the regular North America Corolla fitment kits also work on the iM, instructions are the same and parts are the same. No need to import, just get a Corolla kit!

My kit mentioned it was made for both the Auris and Corolla and their Corolla is essentially ours with different bumpers. And light clusters. Verified the bits and it's all the same, only with different part numbers.

#30 · (Edited)
After debating about shelling out alot of money for an inno rack for the im, i ordered one off a UK site (micksgarage) for a fraction of the price. It was fit for the 2013 Arius 5 door hatch and made by La Prealpina, an Italian manufacturer. The total was $160, including shipping, for aero bars and a fit kit. It came from Ireland to Ohio in exactly 1 week,free shipping, which was really impressive. It went on quick, looks great, and has locks too. Even better it has the t rails and fits all of my old rack components. If your thinking about a rack, dont spend 300+ on the inno, order this and you will be very pleased.

link: https://secure.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=5455804&pk=

Ill try to get some pics up here soon.

Just wanted to give a heads up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.