What's your first mod going to be? - Scion iM Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 Old 07-20-2015, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
What's your first mod going to be?

Scion has a long tradition of people modifying their cars to personalize them a little more. That being said, what do you think, if anything, would be your first mod to your new iM?

Personally, I really don't like the look of the wheels and would probably start there. Then maybe lower springs (or coils) and then some interior upgrades.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 07-20-2015, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
I like the TRD lowering springs, all the reviews say they're a must if you enjoy driving even slightly...
post #3 of 47 Old 07-20-2015, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmore View Post
I like the TRD lowering springs, all the reviews say they're a must if you enjoy driving even slightly...

Well not exactly "all". Some were amazed at the standard setups handling.

post #4 of 47 Old 07-21-2015, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Depending on the quality of the stereo system, I might install a better one as the first big change.
post #5 of 47 Old 07-21-2015, 01:31 PM
SiM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
For the average buyer the stock setup will be good enough. As with any car that has aftermarket support or OEM tuning parts, enthusiasts are the ones to get it and have a burning desire to improve it.

BUT

Some of them might just wait for coilovers (preferred)
post #6 of 47 Old 07-21-2015, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briggs View Post
Depending on the quality of the stereo system, I might install a better one as the first big change.
You might take a look at OEM+. They try to take the stock location and size and just improve the quality of speakers.
I have a sub I would like to utilize if the stock head unit has a pre-output for subs. Otherwise prolly just roll with stock for a while
post #7 of 47 Old 07-23-2015, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
OEM+ ?

So this isn't aftermarket? It is still made by Toyota/Scion?
post #8 of 47 Old 07-23-2015, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

It is still an aftermarket company, but they take the current speaker size and location into account when supplying their products. They make it so that the wiring and sizes of the speakers are more plug and play than if you had bought them from Best Buy or off Crutchfield. No spacers or cutting is needed. I have a friend who added this system to his tC and another friend in her fR-S and it was quite a difference. Here is a LINK for you to do more research. I doubt they would have any info on the iM as it has not technically been released yet, but I would think they would have something in the works.
ovmech likes this.
post #9 of 47 Old 07-24-2015, 12:23 PM
SiM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMS View Post
It is still an aftermarket company, but they take the current speaker size and location into account when supplying their products. They make it so that the wiring and sizes of the speakers are more plug and play than if you had bought them from Best Buy or off Crutchfield. No spacers or cutting is needed. I have a friend who added this system to his tC and another friend in her fR-S and it was quite a difference. Here is a LINK for you to do more research. I doubt they would have any info on the iM as it has not technically been released yet, but I would think they would have something in the works.
That sure beats doing all the splicing you'd have to do with going aftermarket and having to go through the usual process, but I know some guys take pride in doing all of that
post #10 of 47 Old 07-24-2015, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiM View Post
That sure beats doing all the splicing you'd have to do with going aftermarket and having to go through the usual process, but I know some guys take pride in doing all of that
If you can make it look good, it's worth the effort. But if you're not into removing panels and lifting up carpet, leave it to someone else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page