perfect setup for an angled exit aftermarket exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 109 Old 09-05-2015, 09:17 PM
SiM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Indeed, good space to play with under their.
Anyone planning to jump right in with a custom axle-back rather than waiting for something specific to show up?
post #3 of 109 Old 09-09-2015, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Garage
I am debating on having that canister resonator removed and keeping just the black rear muffler portion.

Active car enthusiast since 1996... This is my second brand new Scion (previously owned a 2005 XB). Loving my 2016 Scion iM Electric Storm Blue 6 speed!

post #4 of 109 Old 09-09-2015, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Of all the things I would mod on the iM, I think exhaust wouldn't be the first. It just seems like it isn't a very significant change. I'd rather start with tinting windows and if I have the funds different rims.
post #5 of 109 Old 09-09-2015, 03:44 PM
SiM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prescott View Post
I am debating on having that canister resonator removed and keeping just the black rear muffler portion.
If you want a cleaner looking rear end then i'd say go for it. At least with the exhaust being black you won't have to worry about it changing color or getting dirty since you won't see any of that.
post #6 of 109 Old 09-09-2015, 04:40 PM

Garage
You can't see anything from the rear of the car other than the tip... I literally had to get my 6'7'' ass laying down flat on the ground to look at everything underneath there. If I get the resonator removed I'll post a video of what it sounds like. Tring to get a crap load of stuff done for a car show on October 16th.

Active car enthusiast since 1996... This is my second brand new Scion (previously owned a 2005 XB). Loving my 2016 Scion iM Electric Storm Blue 6 speed!
post #7 of 109 Old 09-10-2015, 12:37 PM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Quote:
I literally had to get my 6'7'' ass laying down flat on the ground to look at everything underneath there.
How does your 6'7" body fit if my 6'4" doesn't? I guess it's mostly the side to side leg room for me.
post #8 of 109 Old 09-10-2015, 04:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMS View Post
How does your 6'7" body fit if my 6'4" doesn't? I guess it's mostly the side to side leg room for me.

I am 6'7'' 260lb. I have about 4-5 in" of head room. I have my seat ALL the way down, and all the way back. You know the steering wheel is telescoping right? I got it adjusted pretty good 3-4" of clearance for my knees. I shift fine knee doesn't even com close to the steering wheel or door when engaging the clutch pedal. It's almost as roomy as my 1gen XB was.

post #9 of 109 Old 09-11-2015, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Quote:
I am 6'7'' 260lb. I have about 4-5 in" of head room. I have my seat ALL the way down, and all the way back. You know the steering wheel is telescoping right? I got it adjusted pretty good 3-4" of clearance for my knees. I shift fine knee doesn't even com close to the steering wheel or door when engaging the clutch pedal. It's almost as roomy as my 1gen XB was.
I too have a gen1 xB and in the iM, the door card and center console seem too close together for my legs to fit comfortably. Maybe I am spoiled from the first gen that doesn't have as much of a center console. Enjoy your iM!
post #10 of 109 Old 09-11-2015, 11:18 AM

Garage
I definitely feel a lot safer in this than I did in the XB... it's slightly more peppy (bigger motor, but bigger curb weight to go with it too). I'm enjoying the **** out of it right now... sometimes I wish I'd held on to my XB but I sold it right at 85,000 miles literally the week it was paid off, and sold it for $8,500. Best resale I've ever gotten off of any car I've ever owned.

Back on topic: Has anyone on here explored any of the Australian Toyota Corolla Levin exhaust options? I know that all of the motor options for the Toyota Auris are different than our USDM iM's, but the Toyota Levin is the same 1.8L motor as ours.
SiM likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page