Stereo software updates - Scion iM Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 06-28-2016, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stereo software updates

Had a quick look through the forum and have been googling for an answer but coming up with nothing.

Are there any software/firmware updates for the Pioneer stereo in our iM's; either for the stereo or even Gracenote?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 06-28-2016, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Garage
Nothing I'm aware of.

What are you looking for?
post #3 of 25 Old 06-30-2016, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
It will be interesting to see if Toyota continues to use the same headunit in these cars for the 2017 Corolla iM ... if not then there will most likely never be any updates.

This color blue attracts rock chips like I do crazy chicks...

post #4 of 25 Old 07-06-2016, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottn6ft7 View Post
It will be interesting to see if Toyota continues to use the same headunit in these cars for the 2017 Corolla iM ... if not then there will most likely never be any updates.
i don't think toyota issues the updates. You can get this Pioneer for any car in the aftermarket it just won't say Scion when it turns on. If you're ok with that there's probably software for that specific headunit and gracenote that needs to be found. does anyone know the model of the radio?
post #5 of 25 Old 07-07-2016, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueBallz View Post
i don't think toyota issues the updates. You can get this Pioneer for any car in the aftermarket it just won't say Scion when it turns on. If you're ok with that there's probably software for that specific headunit and gracenote that needs to be found. does anyone know the model of the radio?
Nope. This headunit is not available to the public. The Toyota part no is: PT546-00160 and the Pioneer Headunit model number is: AVH-2558. Back in September last year when I bought the car and took apart the dash I contacted Pioneer asking for support in whether or not there were any modules that would create RCA jacks that would use any of the non-used OEM jacks on the back of the stereo... Pioneer's response was "contact the dealer, we do not support OEM headunits manufactured for car makers"

Link to manuals: SCION Audio System Owner's Manual

This color blue attracts rock chips like I do crazy chicks...

Last edited by prescottn6ft7; 07-07-2016 at 02:33 PM.
post #6 of 25 Old 07-07-2016, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescottn6ft7 View Post
Nope. This headunit is not available to the public. The Toyota part no is: PT546-00160 and the Pioneer Headunit model number is: AVH-2558. Back in September last year when I bought the car and took apart the dash I contacted Pioneer asking for support in whether or not there were any modules that would create RCA jacks that would use any of the non-used OEM jacks on the back of the stereo... Pioneer's response was "contact the dealer, we do not support OEM headunits manufactured for car makers"

Link to manuals: SCION Audio System Owner's Manual

what?! that's crazy! who would have thunk lol
post #7 of 25 Old 07-07-2016, 07:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueBallz View Post
what?! that's crazy! who would have thunk lol
Um ya. Most headunits installed by automakers are this way.
post #8 of 25 Old 07-09-2016, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage
Just some info. See image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Headunit 1.jpg
Views:	1689
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	7978  

2016 Silver Scion iM
2011 Nissan Frontier
2016 Subaru Forester (Wife's Car)
post #9 of 25 Old 07-10-2016, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage
The reason I have some interest in this is because I'm one of those guys who gets the cheap radio and replaces it. I'm old school so now with all the fancy steering wheel controls, amplified antennas and back up camera it doesn't make it easy anymore. Without ripping into the car more than I want I guess I could add some better speakers and add my own dash mounted GPS NAV. Reading some other forums and watching some videos made me not want to do it. But..... check ebay, youtube with some search terms and maybe you'll hit something. I saw you mentioned RCA adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CD-RB.../dp/B00091UOCY

2016 Silver Scion iM
2011 Nissan Frontier
2016 Subaru Forester (Wife's Car)
post #10 of 25 Old 07-10-2016, 12:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovmech View Post
The reason I have some interest in this is because I'm one of those guys who gets the cheap radio and replaces it. I'm old school so now with all the fancy steering wheel controls, amplified antennas and back up camera it doesn't make it easy anymore. Without ripping into the car more than I want I guess I could add some better speakers and add my own dash mounted GPS NAV. Reading some other forums and watching some videos made me not want to do it. But..... check ebay, youtube with some search terms and maybe you'll hit something. I saw you mentioned RCA adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CD-RB.../dp/B00091UOCY
1- The headunit is pretty good, I am no hurry to replace it.

2- I use my phone's GPS, so I don't need the GPS option. The only downside is that my phone's GPS requires a data connection. 90% of the time, I am fine. If taking a long trip, you can download the required maps ahead of time in case of bad connection locations.

3- CD player. This headunit does not have one. If you want to use your CD's you are out of luck.

4- Android Auto/Car Play. I wish these were on the unit. I can use my phone via bluetooth, but these mirroring programs are much better.

5- Sub output. The headunit does not have one. You have to buy a separate unit that creates a signal for the sub amp, but a sub output is much better.
prescottn6ft7 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page