fog lights - Scion iM Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 11-17-2015, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
fog lights

Are there any fog light kits out there yet for the IM. If there is, can we use the ones for jdm or euro specs??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 11-17-2015, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scionbb4.0 View Post
Are there any fog light kits out there yet for the IM. If there is, can we use the ones for jdm or euro specs??

From the 2016 Corolla Levin ZR in Australia (Still waiting for part numbers):

Active car enthusiast since 1996... This is my second brand new Scion (previously owned a 2005 XB). Loving my 2016 Scion iM Electric Storm Blue 6 speed!
post #3 of 25 Old 11-18-2015, 05:23 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prescott View Post
Quote:

Hmm.. save up for those or wait for a slim chance of a iM concept bumper/fog kit. Decisions decisions.

post #4 of 25 Old 11-24-2015, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Prescott View Post

I don't think the fog light spots unclip like they do on certain cars, so this might mean having to buy the entire front end.

Also notice the headlamp washers. You could potentially add those, I guess.

I dunno, seems it may more sense to get the LED headlamps than to replace the front end to add fog lights but it's not my money.
post #5 of 25 Old 11-24-2015, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

on the backside of the bumper, the grill inserts , were the fog lights would go, are attached with screws. once you remove the screws the grill will come out. i pulled back to verify if it could be removed and noticed it could and also a pre index cut out as to were a fog light could be used with the existing grill.
Aprime likes this.
post #6 of 25 Old 11-25-2015, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
here are the part numbers, but your toyota dealer won't be able to order them. asked my rep to check with people he knows and they said NO, can't get them, not for this region.
52040-12100
52030-12100
i got mine from toyota japan, or should say a parts distrubutor. the lights i used diode dynamics.
Patrick.S and Aprime like this.
post #7 of 25 Old 11-26-2015, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
on the backside of the bumper, the grill inserts , were the fog lights would go, are attached with screws. once you remove the screws the grill will come out. i pulled back to verify if it could be removed and noticed it could and also a pre index cut out as to were a fog light could be used with the existing grill.
That's great to know and it's why I said "I don't think" :P I didn't verify to see if they were. I guess a good hint would've been to see if foglights are an accessory overseas.

Dunno why, for some reason I expect them to be more blatant like on the old Nissans or Dodges... Or our interior dead switches.

Thanks!
post #8 of 25 Old 11-26-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Do you remember seeing ziptired wires off to the side somewhere that might indicate a prewired setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by champcaracing View Post
here are the part numbers, but your toyota dealer won't be able to order them. asked my rep to check with people he knows and they said NO, can't get them, not for this region.
52040-12100
52030-12100
i got mine from toyota japan, or should say a parts distrubutor. the lights i used diode dynamics.
Are these numbers for the delete pieces or the foglight kit?
post #9 of 25 Old 11-26-2015, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
those are the bezels with the lamp opening only no lamps, you would remove your black bezels and pop these in grille and opening is all one part. and no there is no wiring in the factory harness that i've found yet, but doesn't look promising.

Last edited by champcaracing; 11-26-2015 at 11:13 AM.
post #10 of 25 Old 11-26-2015, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcaracing View Post
52040-12100
52030-12100
Sewell Toyota seems to be one of the best to order parts from. They were amazing for ordering parts for my old Lexus and the cheapest, even though there were hundreds of miles away from me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page