Scion iM spotted testing in California - Scion iM Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 12-23-2014, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Scion iM spotted testing in California

Here is a YouTube video that shows a Scion iM / Toyota Auris looking vehicle test driving on interstate 405 North in Orange County, California. I'm not sure if this concept shows us much since it is heavily camouflaged though

Let me know if you can see anything interesting about the iM from this video. I can't spot much.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 12-23-2014, 01:50 PM
DBB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
post #3 of 13 Old 12-23-2014, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Ah more marketing. Realistically the car does not NEED testing, and the car is not a secret as its been on the world market for what, 2 years? If they let it go tooling around uncammoed I'll wager 97% of the population doesn't notice or thinks its an Elantra Hatch (actually every time I see a new Elantra Hatch I go iM?), so ergo camo it, trip out the soccer mommies and jalopnik brigade, smartphones at the ready, 1,2,3, this is how PR is made
SiM likes this.

post #4 of 13 Old 12-23-2014, 03:55 PM
SiM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Got to love this marketing of theirs, little effort involved to make those ill-informed on the interwebz talk about it.

cough cough... toyota auris... cough cough.
post #5 of 13 Old 12-27-2014, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Differences between the Auris and the iM ill be minimal. I do agree that this is mostly to generate buzz. I mean what are they actually hiding with that camo. Surely there is nothing ground breaking hiding under there.
post #6 of 13 Old 01-03-2015, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
whats ground braking is a NEW MODEL Realistically the camo excites people FAR more than a Scion badge does...
post #7 of 13 Old 01-05-2015, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Its kinda funny when you think about it that way. The car without camouflage probably wouldn't get much attention at all, but when you cover the whole thing up all the sudden everybody is taking pictures and following it around.
post #8 of 13 Old 01-06-2015, 04:25 PM
SiM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha View Post
Its kinda funny when you think about it that way. The car without camouflage probably wouldn't get much attention at all, but when you cover the whole thing up all the sudden everybody is taking pictures and following it around.
Of course because then people see what it's about and don't pay much attention to the details as there probably wasn't any hype that followed it.

In doing this they build hype, get people talking, etc....ultimately to give this vehicle a nice boost in attention.
post #9 of 13 Old 01-07-2015, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Its not just Scion that does this either. I have seen many mules out in camouflage after they have already been fully revealed at an auto show. I guess that is usually to test out another version of the vehicle, but there isn't really any reason why you need camouflage on the mule anymore. I remember seeing a Jaguar XE mule in the news recently with camouflage, but we already know what it looks like. Do you think it is always for hype or do they do this for any other reason that you can think of?
post #10 of 13 Old 01-08-2015, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
although we've seen it in full as the toyota auris....

what design differences could there possibly be from the auris to the im?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page