What do you love or hate about your iM? - Scion iM Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 Old 04-01-2016, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
What do you love or hate about your iM?

Minus the known factors from the picture above, what else is added to that list.

I have yet to book a test drive in the iM and get the actual feel for it.

Are you able to list 5 things you love and 5 things you hate about the iM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 04-01-2016, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
LOVE: 1. Functionality
2. Decent Cornering
3. I have never been told it is too small. Ppl have actually told me it is larger than they thought and they like the head room
4. Toyota reliability
5. I love its 3rd and 4th gear. For being a small 1.8L 4cyl...its fun

HATE: 1. Really no aftermarket parts yet
2. The manual shift seams to have like an overdrive that takes some time to get used to...hard to explain, but im used to it now and dont notice as much
3. Wish it was slightly lower stock...just my taste, nothing crazy maybe just another half inch.
4. They discontinued the **** spoiler...not really a "hate", just wtf man lol
5. I honestly don't really have much extra to hate about...sure its underpowered and i've heard the CVT sucks, but bro...its a Corolla Hatchback and the Corolla is like the Number 1 Toyota/ car ever...

Id give it an overall of 8.5 out of 10....when they add stuff that will go up...I LOVE THIS CAR SO EFF THE HATERS lol
iMScion likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
They hate us cause they ain't us
post #3 of 37 Old 04-01-2016, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I only have 2 complaints. The interior room, leg width is too small, and the rpms hanging out when shifting, manual trans.

post #4 of 37 Old 04-02-2016, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Complaint: View out the rear window seemed small at first but I'm getting used to it and its manageable. Folding down the two rear seat headrests makes a big difference though.

And I had read a lot of reviews complaining about the cramped interior. Honestly I don't agree with them. I came from a '03 Corolla and the iM's quite a bit roomier. It's like the reviewers are all 6.5ft tall =/

And yeah eff all the haters.
Jeff Walston and iMScion like this.
post #5 of 37 Old 04-02-2016, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
+/- : I find it perfectly roomy for myself, and I've been able to fit three other passengers comfortably. However, my brother, who is a little bigger, complains that he has to sit in the back seat with his head cocked to the side since the back roof slopes down a bit.

+ It's not too small to be super cramped but still nimble for day-to-day needs
- The rear window is tiny and I thought I would have visibility issues. However I've gotten used to it and it's not too bad
+ The backup camera helps with the tiny window.
iMScion likes this.
post #6 of 37 Old 04-03-2016, 11:34 AM

i'd say my number one complaint is lack of power. it feel slower than a yaris.
next, the stability control is Nanny-Tastic, even the slightest of slide, even on a low speed u-turn, and the car pulls power from the wheels.
I fixed the clutch issue (see thread) http://www.scionimforum.com/forum/en...-horrible.html

otherwise, it's great. way nicer interior than most cars in it's class, IMO.
iMScion likes this.

88 4x4 xcab Toyota
82 starlet 4AG project
13 BRZ Limited
16 iM
post #7 of 37 Old 04-04-2016, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I don't like the rear view mirror. It creates a blind spot because it is right on eye level. I wish it would be higher.
iMScion likes this.
post #8 of 37 Old 04-05-2016, 12:18 AM

I test drove the iM followed by the yaris sedan (the iA) in the same day and the sedan felt much more sluggish in comparison :\ I should probably point out I was driving the cvt/auto so it could also be that. I would certainly like a bit more power, especially when I'm trying to get to 80km from a stoplight and the cars next to me are cruising by.

It's the first car that I've driven with CVT so I don't know how it compares with others. I find the ride to be much smoother but sometimes I do miss the feel and sounds of the gears changing, and it was a bit strange to hear the revs.

As for the rear mirror, the default position I found to be at eye level too but after fiddling with it I was able to swivel it up a little bit. I'm only 5'4" so maybe it was enough to get out of my line of sight.

I like how quick and effortless it was for me to put the back seats down, when I wanted to quickly stash things away or retrieve my snow brush, compared to some others cars that I've driven.
It would be nice if the back didn't get dirty so easily. The tiny wiper doesn't help with the previously mentioned tiny window visibility
post #9 of 37 Old 04-05-2016, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks everyone for the feedback of both +/-!

Greatly appreciate it.

Can't wait to go for a test drive.

Looks like the negatives are the visibility of the rear window, which concerns me.

Leg room seems to be a mixed concerns.

Do you find that the power is a barrier when you drive?
post #10 of 37 Old 04-05-2016, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
The visibility is not a factor to me. I dont think its that bad. And the low power isnt that big of a deal for now. Im just wainting for a supercharger to come out for it and then itll be fine. Its a fun car and for me a great daily driver.
Patrick.S and iMScion like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
They hate us cause they ain't us

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Scion iM Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page